The sturdy design of the NEXUS 8000XL Series allows rough workshop conditions.The tester can be used for measuring hardness according to global standards in most of the common hardness scales.
Rockwell, Superficial Rockwell, Brinell, Vickers and Knoop. But it also can do ball and indentation hardness testing for thermoplastics and the Vickers depth (HVT) and Brinell depth (HBT) procedures.
The NEXUS 8000XL Universal hardness testers applies all common test forces between 1kgf/9.8N - 250kgf/2.45kN (8001XL), 3kgf/29N until 750kgf/7.35kN (8002XL), 10kgf/98N until 3000kgf/29kN (8003XL).
All procedures meet or exceed DIN, ISO, ASTM and JIS standards.
The tester contains high-quality mechanical components and is based on a load-cell, closed loop force feed-back system. The advanced user interface IMPRESSIONS™ controls the automatic testing procedure and offers many advanced functions, such as fully automatic indent measuring and data storage. The integrated camera with calibrated ZOOM function guarantees fast, and accurate user-independent Vickers or Brinell measurement.
The NEXUS 8000XL™ Series represents universal hardness testing, in the most versatile meaning of Universal. Heavy aircraft engine parts, automobile parts, train components or general quality assurance or laboratory conditions, are all fields covered by the NEXUS 8000XL™ Series.
- Hardness of castings and forgings
- For flat and cylindrical work pieces
- Wide application within the automotive and aerospace industry
- Foundries or workshop testing
- Sample testing or quality control testing
- Steels, non-ferrous metals and plastics
- Cemented carbide, ceramics, stainless steels
- Rockwell, Superficial Rockwell, Brinell, Vickers, Knoop, HVT & HBT, Ball indentation for plastic ISO 2039/1
- Load cell, force feedback, closed loop system
- Load range 1Kgf - 250Kgf (8001XL),
3Kgf until 750Kgf (8002XL),
10Kgf until 3000Kgf (8003XL)
- Rockwell Scales: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, K, L, M, P, R, S, V,
15N, 30N, 45N, 15T, 30T, 45T, 15W, 30W, 45W,
15X, 30X, 45X, 15Y, 30Y, 45Y
- Vickers Scales: HV/1Kgf, 2Kgf, 3Kgf, 4Kgf, 5Kgf, 10Kgf, 20Kgf, 30Kgf, 50Kgf, 100Kgf, 120Kgf;
- Brinell Scales: HB1/1Kgf, 2.5Kgf, 5Kgf, 10Kgf, 30Kgf;
HB2.5/6.25Kgf, 15.625Kgf, 31.25Kgf, 62.5Kgf, 187.5Kgf;
HB5/25Kgf, 62.5Kgf, 125Kgf, 250Kgf, 750Kgf;
HB10/100Kgf, 250Kgf, 500Kgf, 750Kgf, 1000Kgf, 1500Kgf, 3000Kgf;
- HVT Scales: HVT/5Kgf - 120Kgf;
- HBT Scales: HBT/5Kgf - 3000Kgf;
- Ball indentation for plastic ISO 2039/1
(scales depending on model)
- Descending test head with 6, 7 or 8 position turret, standard 3 indenters, 3 objectives
- 15’’ Industrial HD Touch screen, Embedded Powerful Fanless System Controller, 2x 80GB SSD data storage drive Windows 7 Embedded, RJ45 LAN, WLAN, USB, RS-232
- IMPRESSIONS™, full tester & configuration control, graphic indent simulation, test program setting for user defined test programs, large test results storage, 3 simultaneous conversions to other hardness scales, limit settings, advanced test report generator, CSV export, graphics display engine & many more functions
- Indent ZOOM function
- High accuracy depth measuring system
- Built-in driver pack for X-Y or Jominy stages
- Workpiece accommodation:
maximum test height 490mm or 520mm (XLM),
maximum depth 285mm
- Standard workpiece clamping attachment
- Meets or exceeds, ISO, ASTM and JIS standards
- Wireless mouse and keyboard
- Motorized spindle (optional)